Friday, June 15, 2012

The Other Sarah

Like Sarah Wolf, I saw yoga teacher training as an unexpected gift from the universe, or as she so perfectly captured it, a "care package" at a time when I was seriously in need of care. Also like Sarah W., I was unsure what to do with the training once our 10 weeks ended. I followed through and completed the rest of the steps to get my RYT, but I had come to peace with the decision that I was more of a student than a teacher. Until I heard from Sarah. Her concept of Dedication Yoga felt like home. I believe it offers as much, if not more, opportunity for us to learn as for us to teach.

I'm excited to share that I'm bringing Sarah Wolf's class to Costa Rica, where I will study it, experiment with teaching it to others, and hopefully gain some insight to share with her and the rest of you upon my return.

Our teacher training experience was a unique and surprising experience. I can't wait to go on this next adventure. I look forward to the day we all get to lunge, twist, bend, and balance on Prospect Hill.

Until then,
Namaste!

- Sarah B.


No comments:

Post a Comment